We create user-friendly tools and interfaces to make managing physical servers more pleasant and intuitive through design. By being part of the Design team, you will work across various products and initiatives at Maxihost—from product interfaces to our websites, brand, and even research.
At Maxihost, we are passionate about making the cloud more straightforward and faster. We work at the physical infrastructure layer, building products and solutions that automate the deployment and management of bare metal servers.
We operate in an agile and highly collaborative environment, with all software engineering team members working remotely. We don't use strict methodologies or copy industry standards. We've created our workflow, which allows us to work calmly and productively. This workflow is public and can be found here.
About the team and role
- We love building beautiful, accessible, and intuitive experiences, mainly for our website and dashboards. We are currently working on a new dashboard experience that will completely change the way customers interact with our product. While at it, you will also have the opportunity of working on open-source projects like Metal UI.
- You might be a fit for this role if you consider yourself an enthusiastic and resourceful Front-end Software Engineer with a background in design and passionate about building great products. We expect that you love being part of a team while enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
- We are getting ready for some significant changes, and you will be leading those efforts to make sure that when it's time to shake things up, we have a concise and robust brand supporting that;
- You will make Metal UI, our Design System, the backbone of Maxihost's design. Your responsibilities here consist in working alongside front-end engineers to extend and improve Metal UI;
- You will lead the design efforts of our new dashboard by prototyping, coding, and guiding the Engineering team on the user experience and interface;
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the company leadership;
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements that shape a product.
Skills and qualifications
- You love giving simple solutions to challenging problems and cringing at complex and confusing products;
- A good understanding of the formal design elements is not just limited to the web and includes typography, layout, balance, and proportion;
- Have experience in UI, UX, or visual design;
- Have experience with web front-end development or creative technology experience;
- You have led or was an instrumental part of the design process of a consumer or enterprise product used at scale;
- You have experience building React components and can collaborate by coding the development of high-fidelity prototypes in production-grade code;
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until it is pixel-perfect;
- Bonus points if you have worked at a known startup before;
- Please include a link to your design or code portfolio.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying